SPS provides students with a challenging learning environment so as to foster the quality of their study. Many competition programs have been conducted to boost student learning.
- Spelling Bee: SPS Spelling Bee competition aims at improving students’ spelling capability. Spelling Bees is a multiplayer spelling game that allows students to compete against each other while practicing spelling.
- Public Speaking: SPS public speaking contest aims at improving student speaking skills, boosting confidence, sharpening critical thinking, and broadening ideas. Engaging in public speaking is one of the best decisions a student can make in his or her life. To win a public speaking competition, one needs to work hard and practice as much as he or she can. There is an abundance of benefits students gain from engaging in the public speaking contest.
- Debate: A debate is basically an argument. That is not an undisciplined shouting match. A debate is a contest, or, perhaps, like a game, where two or more speakers present their arguments intent on persuading one another. SPS debate competitions aim at improving student team work, enriching their speaking skills, improving convincing skills and enhancing research skills.
- Writing Contest: it aims at improving student writing and developing ideas. SPS believes that writing contests also promote the development of writing skills and may encourage a healthy sense of competition and a commitment to excellence among the students who participate in them. Good writing and critical thinking skills are important to success in school, in employment, and in life. By participating in SPS writing contests, SPS students can sharpen their writing skills and critical thinking skills for their future benefit.
- Drawing Contest: it aims at increasing student love for art. Full of imagination and artistic sensitivity, SPS students are encouraged to draw pictures about natural environment, animals, their families and social activities, which allows them to express their ideas through SPS drawing contest. In other words, the pictures contain the message towards global environment, beyond borders and difference in their background cultures and languages. SPS believes that drawing contests can help the students to boost their creativity and imagination.